I have been given compensation for this post by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
If there’s one thing I know about my dad, it’s that he loves doing things together. Quality time and uninterrupted eye contact?...speaking his language. On the other hand, I LOVE shopping, gift-gifting and gift-receiving…what a girl, right?
So for holidays, the struggle is real with Dad…he’s the toughest cookie to buy for! He likes researching, collecting information, comparing pricing…it’s a thorough and involved shopping process. Respect.
In honor of our hard-to-shop-for fathers (assuming at least one of you can relate), I thought it’d be fun to write a Father’s Day post with my dad on our favorite father/daughter date ideas. Here’s our TOP 7!
DAD + DAUGHTER DATE IDEAS | FATHER'S DAY WITH JEEP
1. CAMP JEEP | If you’re in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, Camp Jeep will be at Grapevine Mills Mall this weekend! Fun and free activity with Dad…done. Camp Jeep was at Taste of Dallas last weekend, where we took a spin with a professional driver and experienced the off-road 4x4 action of the 2017 Jeep vehicles! Now I’m craving two things… 1) Go off-roading and 2) own a Jeep. You can see it in these photos…we had SO MUCH FUN.
2. SCENT SAMPLING | Dad is quite a cologne connoisseur! We both enjoy shopping for new fragrances, so sampling smells at Sephora is always a good time.
3. SPORTING | Golf is Dad’s favorite sport. He practices in his mind (like only a genius would). I like hitting golf balls with him at the driving range, or treating him to a round (I’ll drive his cart :). Top Golf is fun, but we’re usually more about the real deal. I really enjoy the batting cages too!
4. DRIVE-IN MOVIE | Going to see a drive-in movie is a little spin on the classic dinner and a movie idea!
5. MEAL + MEANINGFUL CONVOS | Dad feels like it’s a treat to go “out to eat.” It’s something he loves! Good conversation over a good meal is special to me, so I’d probably go straight for the deep life questions…I like asking him questions about the past, about God, about the future. He’s wise and likes dreaming, too…I’m grateful for that.
6. AMUSEMENT PARK | We love riding roller coasters until we’re practically blue in the face, so rocking a local amusement park definitely makes our list.
7. CONCERT | Go to a concert! Dad and I both love music, so a concert date sounds like such a good time.
This year, we already knocked out #1 and will definitely hit up #5 also. What are your favorite dad and daughter dates? Do you have any ideas to add to mine? Leave me a comment and let me know what your Father’s Day plans are!
Special thanks to Hannah Weehunt for documenting our date at Camp Jeep, and to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for sponsoring this post.